I am a UK-based author-illustrator and graduate of the Cambridge School of Art. I specialise in reportage artwork, graphic novels, and book illustration (children's and older, fiction and non-fiction). I work closely with publishers, writers, designers, and clients from heritage / educational organisations, particularly museums, galleries, and universities.
Recent achievements include:
- Shortlisted, World Illustration Awards (New Talent - Research and Knowledge Communication; 2015, 2016)
- Graphic novel / reportage project The Thinking Room (forthcoming; for Lakeside UoN Museum of Archeology)
- Artist-in-Residence at Lakeside Arts Centre / University of Nottingham Museum of Archaeology (2016-2017)
- Illustrator of Amy in Love, for Amy Johnson Festival (2016)
- Illustrator of 90 pp. graphic novel Ministry of Women (2016)
- AA2A Artist-in-Residence, University of Derby (2015-2016)
- Shortlisted, Illustrator-in-Residence at House of Illustration (2015)
- Artist-in-Residence, National Army Museum (2015-2016)
- Living Gallery Reportage project and exhibition (2015)
- Artist-in-Residence, Nottingham Museums (2014, 2015)
- Illustrator of ACE-funded 64 pp. graphic anthology The New Wipers Times (2014)
- Suzanne's Story, graphic novel project for University of York, Personalising History (2014)
- United Nations Gold Award for Children's Book Illustration (2014)
- Illustrated 2 x 64pp. full-colour children's books for the Voices of Future Generations (United Nations, 2014, 2015)
- Contributed to Shane Kozyczan's To This Day (Annick Press), with a number of international artists
My work has been shown at the Bologna Book Fair (2012, 2013), the Candid Gallery, London (2014), Ruskin Gallery, Cambridge (2014), Nottingham Castle (July-November 2014), the Science Museum, London (November 2014), Nottingham Castle (April-July 2015). My work is currently on display at the World Illustration Awards exhibition (exhibiting at Somerset House, London; then Swansea, Ormskirk, Limvady, and Antrim).
I also give classes and workshops. Forthcoming engagements include a masterclass at the House of Illustration (London), and talks at The Hay Festival, University of Derby, University of Nottingham, UCL, Laydeez do Comics, and University of Birmingham / The Other Place (Stratford-upon-Avon). I also teach at Nottingham Trent University.
You can also follow me on Twitter (1badlamb), or contact me by email helloATcaroladlam.co.uk